The following are 7 strategies to implement attraction marketing.
We know that attraction marketing places us in the position of being “the hunted” rather than “the hunter.” But how do we orchestrate that positioning? By following the guidelines outlined below, we are likely to attract people to ourselves and therefore to our business.
1. Positive language is a huge factor in Attraction Marketing.
- Use positivity in our communication.
- We need to position ourselves as leaders.
- Put our best foot forward.
- No complaining – criticizing – that stuff is for home if we have a need to “dump” it.
- Above all else – NO DRAMA. Stay out of victimhood.
- Physics shows that positive energy is attractive – negative energy is slow, heavy and drags.
- Monitor our words – be aware of what we say and what we write.
2. Attraction Marketing is big on lifestyle.
- Share ourselves with our audience. Let them see who we are, what we’re doing, what we enjoy.
- Show freedom of time and choices. Indicate that we set our own schedule and come and go as we wish.
- Share pictures of fun times with family and friends and DIY around the house.
- Sometimes what seems like bragging is really just to show others it’s possible. If we keep our shares in that framework, it is encouraging and induces hope for others.
3. Valuable content is important in Attraction Marketing.
- Put out good content frequently and consistently.
- What makes content valuable? Relevancy. Where is our audience stuck and how can we help?
- Brand ourselves, not our company. We want people to relate to us, not to our company.
- Where can we get content – especially if we are new? Repurpose what we hear on webinars tutorials, trainings, etc. Put the information in our own words and give credit to the originator.
- This is big — create a library of content so we don’t need to continually reinvent the wheel.. Organize your material for future reference – our videos, webinars, copy-writing, etc. It’s perfectly acceptable to repurpose our own material.
4. Uplift others and be interactive in Attraction Marketing.
- Post something out there every day – preferably a couple times a day.
- Get out there and cheer people on – whether they’re on our team or not. (If we want to get love, we have to give love). Build relationships.
- Make our comments meaningful – something more than “great post.”
- Be consistent planting those seeds. Make a commitment to doing so.
- Every day, make new friends on the internet. This is networking – after all, we are NETWORK marketers – no? It’s not necessary to always talk business and “share your wares.” Just chatting to get to know one another as you would at a gathering is fine. It expands our sphere of influence.
5. Communication needs to be other-people focused in Attraction Marketing
- Celebrate other people. As we mentioned above, cheer them on when we see their successes.
- Be interested in the other person. A good book to read for reference on this topic is the old classic by Dale Carnegie – How to Win Friends and Influence People.
- Be aware of the challenges of other people. If there is an appropriate opportunity to discuss our business with others, a good question to ask is: What are you wanting to accomplish? Or, What problems are you running into?
- Sometimes people don’t know what they’re looking for – help them identify it. We may see their situation differently from how they see it. It may take a few times for them to “get it” – thus…consistency on our part is essential.
- There’s a difference between what they want and what they need, and we can guide them to see the difference – even by telling our story.
- Let them know what we have that can help them by addressing their problems.
6. Using multi social media channels enhances Attraction Marketing.
This strategy needs to be evaluated carefully. When for starting out, we want to be focused on learning certain skills…learning how to use different social media platforms. The recommendation is always to MASTER one or two new skills at a time.
Once we’ve gotten a few skills under our belts, and we’ve learned a few of them and are comfortable in using them, then the more areas where we can be seen, the better.
- The more times and more places we’re seen – helps our visibility.
- Have a home base platform – whatever we enjoy and feel good using – and branch out from there.
- Brand ourselves with our name. Be consistent. For example, when we use our own name across the board…on our blog, our Twitter account, Facebook, Instagram, etc, the more easily recognizable we are. If we have a name that several others have, then add a word or two, such as “work with” John Jones, or John Jones “online.”
- FAMILIARITY IS ATTRACTIVE. The more times people see us, the “safer” we become to them. And the safer we are, the more likely they are to want to do business with us.
- Use the same picture on all platforms…or at least use one that is easily recognizable as the same the same person.
- Another reason for diversifying our platforms is that people tend to follow us from platform to platform. It gives people flexibility to relate to you and contact you on whatever platform is comfortable to them.
- It’s great to “specialize” on one platform to do most of our marketing – no need to spend the same amount of time on each platform. Focus on one, but use several.
7. Be a MASTER INVITER in Attraction Marketing.
- Inviting is not selling – just inviting.
- Be casual about your invitations. If we find ourselves trying to convince, that is not inviting AND it is not attracting.
- Be VERY consistent with inviting so that our audience is so used to it from us – they expect it. Invite people to everything we do. For example, “Such and such Webinar is going on tonight. A bunch of us are jumping on. Wanna come?” (And include an image). Or, “I’ve been watching these great Webinars every Wednesday. The one this Wednesday is on…. You might want to join us.”
Attract people with what they want – build the relationship – show them what we have that they want. Offer training and content.
How much is too much? How can I provide enough value in my communication so as not to annoy people.
When in doubt about anything you’re doing – TEST IT.
Hope you found this post helpful: 7 Strategies To Attract People In The Market Place.
Based on a Hangout with Diane Hochman and Ed Zimbardi
Till Next Time,
PS. Here’s a great 18-minute video that shows you how you can take this system on a 10-day trial. You might want to watch it. Right Here.